(Click the RED Text below to conveniently go to their websites)
- Luxury RV Resort, conveniently located to – Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Kodak, and the Great Smoky Mountains. Off of EXIT 412 (best) & EXIT 407 from Interstate 40
- Located on beautiful Douglas Lake in historic Dandridge, Tennessee, voted best small town on the water 2013, (Life on the Water, magazine) with gorgeous views of The Great Smoky Mountains & Mt. LeConte
- We offer luxurious amenities – Lake Front & Lake View Sites, Buddy Sites, Fireplaces / Fire Pits, Concrete Pads, Paved Streets, Full Hookups, Cable Hookup, Free Wi-Fi, Bath House with Private Bathrooms, Swimming Pool w/ water slide and kiddie area, Inflatable Trampoline / Toys in the lake, Boat Ramp / Slips, Fishing Trail / Pier, Golf Cart Rentals, etc.
- Some points of interest while you are staying with us – Bush Beans (16.5 miles), Dollywood (18 miles), Smoky Mountain Knife Works (6.2 miles), Bass Pro Shops (6.8 miles), and Smokies Ballpark (7 miles)
- Centrally located to 8 different golf courses – Sevierville Golf Club (9.2 miles), River Islands Golf Club (9.9 miles), Dandridge Golf & Country Club (10.1 miles), Patriot Hills Golf Club (12.6 miles), Creekside Plantation Golf Course (17.1 miles), Baneberry Golf & Resort (18 miles), Ruggles Ferry Golf Club (18.2 miles), and Gatlinburg Golf Club (18.5 miles)
- Stay close and share valuable experiences with your family through camping
What Clients Say
This is the best campground!! It has wonderful amenities and many of them. The pool was wonderful for the kids and we all LOVED the slide. The view is indescribable!!! The staff was wonderful and friendly and always willing to help. Everything was clean and the trash was even picked up for you. We will visit again and again!!!! ~nswint34 – Wartburg, Tennessee
We have been RVing of over 35 years, and Anchor Down RV resort is the most outstanding RV park we have ever visited. Every site has a “million dollar” view of Douglas Lake and the Smokey Mountains. The layout of the park affords plenty of space between sites, wide roads for easy backing onto your site. The pool & water slide are excellent for all, and the landscaping adds to the overall experience. Even though you are about 15 miles to Gatlinburg, the parks location is great, there are many activities within a short distance. Be sure to visit the “Bush Bean Plant & grill while visiting Anchor Down. You will not be disappointed with your stay. We are looking forward to another stay @ Anchor Down ~James C – Columbus, Ohio
We recently stayed at Anchor Down and found the resort to be just as good as the pictures and brochures show. The staff is friendly and very helpful and want to make sure you are having a great stay. We camped in a motorhome with our dog. Sites are large and beautiful. Loved the stone fireplace. Firewood is delivered to your site in a nice large bucket. We are going back in a few weeks taking our granddaughter. Great place to relax and enjoy the amazing views two of my favorite water and mountains. Also no traffic getting there and close enough to Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Gatlinburg. You can take the back roads. Better than trying to drive a motorhome in on 66 with traffic. ~Donna M – Versailles, Kentucky
We spent a few days at Anchor Down recently and loved it. Stayed in site 29 and had the best view of the lake and surrounding scenery we could have asked for. Cool breeze all day too. Campground is close to interstate, shopping and attractions. Beautifully kept campground, clean bathhouses and extremely helpful and friendly staff. The staff will bring firewood to your site and come by to pick up the garbage from your site daily. Worth the extra cost! Definitely recommend this vacation spot and we can’t wait to go back! ~Pigletshog – Cleveland, TN
We just returned home after a 2 week stay at Anchor Down RV Resort. Let me start off by stating we have been RVing for over 15 years and spend at least 5 full weeks and 8-9 weekends per year camping. We have camped up and down the east coast from Acadia National Park in Maine to Key West Florida (We are waiting for our son to get older before venturing out west).
Anchor Down RV Resort is BY FAR the best campground where we have ever visited. The campground is perfectly situated right on Douglas Lake with a perfect view of the Smokey Mountains. The campground was built in tiers so many campers get an unobstructed view of the lake. We stayed in a signature sight with the full masonry fireplace. It is remarkable to see full fireplaces on a campground site that also offers full stamped concrete pad to park your RV.
The amenities are awesome. Our entire family and the family that we traveled with all enjoyed the beautiful pool. The kids also used the dock to go kayaking and fishing. The public showers and bathrooms are immaculate, beautiful and HUGE!!!!!!
We had the pleasure of speaking with the owner Chad on numerous occasions. He goes out of his way to make sure all campers are happy and if there is anything they need he will help. I personally saw him doing everything from cutting the lawn, cleaning the pool and cleaning RV sites. There is also going to be numerous additions to the campground for next summer such as a fishing pier, inflatables in the lake and others. The entire staff at Anchor Down was amazing.
We traveled over 750 miles to Anchor Down and fell in love with the campground. I asked my 8 year olds son would he rather go to Fort Wilderness Disney next summer or come back to Anchor Down and before I even finished my sentence he said Anchor Down. We now have another 2 weeks booked for next summer.
Anchor Down was designed perfectly for the best camping experience possible and cannot wait until we return next summer. ~LIHappyCamper – South Farmingdale, New York